It's been a little while since I posted anything. This year has been filled with a number of incredibly special experiences and adventures, and I've been meaning to put together a quick post with some pictures and highlights. So far in 2019, here's what has happened:
- Five tours under my name/with my trio, including two on the West Coast, one in the South, one in Canada/Northeast US and one in Japan! These tours featured workshops and concerts at the University of Tampa, College of Charleston and UC-Santa Barbara, performances for multiple jazz societies, including the San Luis Obispo Jazz Society and the Coastal Jazz Association, shows at small intimate house concert venues and at concert halls with 250+ people, and much more.
- I recorded tracks for my new album, Kites and Strings, which will be released in early 2020. This is a new project entitled the "Nebula Project," which features a sextet of some of my favorite musicians in New York City, as well as me on piano and accordion. I'm so excited to share this music once it is ready to be released!
- Appearances as a sideman in some amazing venues, such as the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. (with Astrid Kuljanic), the Lancaster Cultural Arts Center (with Paul Sanwald Quartet) and the Side Door (with Curtis Lundy). Astrid's show at the Kennedy Center can be live streamed at this link.
- Regular appearances at Smalls/Mezzrow late night with Ben Zweig, as well as a monthly video game music jam session alongside Patrick Bartley.
- Leader appearances in New York City at Mezzrow and the Kitano, as well as a whole bunch of awesome shows in New York and throughout the Northeast.
I'm so lucky to be able to travel the world with some of my favorite musicians and closest friends, and to have met so many supporters of the music whom I have befriended throughout my tours. These people mean so much to be and make playing and performing on the road so worthwhile. I can't wait to see you all again soon. Thanks so much to all of you, and see you all in the second half of 2019!